Foreign and French Canadian Transcripts


If you attended a foreign school as part of a study abroad program, then this section does NOT pertain to you. Please see the “Study Abroad and Overseas U.S. Transcripts” section for detailed information on how to report your experience.


Canadian schools that provide English transcripts are NOT considered foreign. Please see the U.S./Canadian Transcripts section for how to report your work. Original transcripts from these schools must be sent to CSDCAS, even if your CSD program does not accept Canadian transcripts. CSDCAS will NOT accept foreign evaluations from Canadian schools WHICH PROVIDE TRANSCRIPTS IN ENGLISH.

Canadian schools which have transcripts issued in French are considered FOREIGN and must be reported like any other foreign school. Evaluations for these schools should be sent to CSDCAS. CSDCAS will NOT accept original Canadian transcripts which are written in French.


ALL Caribbean medical schools  are considered FOREIGN institutions, even if they have offices in the U.S. or allow U.S. licensing. No Caribbean school has regional U.S. accreditation and cannot be considered a U.S. Institution. Common Caribbean medical schools include but are not limited to: Ross University, St. Matthew’s School of Medicine, and the American University of Antigua. Please list your Caribbean Medical School as a foreign institution and do NOT send Caribbean Medical School transcripts to CSDCAS as they will be discarded You should instead determine if your CSD programs will require a foreign evaluation, which may be sent to CSDCAS, or if your CSD programs will accept the original Caribbean transcript mailed directly to the CSD program.


If you attended a foreign school or earned your degree outside of the United States, CSDCAS does not require any documentation, but most CSD programs DO. The majority of CSD programs require that you have your foreign coursework submitted to an evaluation service for a course-by-course U.S. equivalency report.  This report should then be sent to CSDCAS directly from the evaluation service. Contact the foreign transcript evaluation service as early as possible. The services may take several weeks to process your foreign transcript once it is received.

DO NOT SEND FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS. CSDCAS does NOT accept ANY foreign transcripts, including those printed in English. Do NOT send foreign transcripts to CSDCAS, as they will be discarded.

DO  NOT SEND TRANSLATED FOREIGN TRANSCRIPTS. CSDCAS does NOT accept foreign documents translated into English as this documentation is insufficient. Only an evaluation for U.S. equivalency will be accepted.

Below is a list of the most common services used by CSDCAS applicants for the translation and review of foreign transcripts.


Please note that this list is not all-inclusive and CSDCAS does not recommend or endorse any particular service. You should check with your designated programs for final approval on which service you should use as it may be different than those on this list.

World Education Services, Inc (WES)
P.O. Box 5087
New York, NY 10274–5087
Phone: 212–966–6311

DID YOU KNOW? You can choose to request electronic WES evaluations through the CSDCAS application by clicking the “WES Evaluations Request” button after listing your foreign school in the “Colleges Attended” section. This will take you to WES’ website to complete a request, and once your evaluation is complete, WES will send your evaluation to CSDCAS electronically. Please note that CSDCAS will still accept paper WES evals sent to us via mail directly from WES.

Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc.
P.O. Box 514070
Milwaukee, WI 53203–3470
(414) 289–3400

Josef Silny & Associates, Inc
7101 SW 102 Ave
Miami, FL 33173
Phone: 305–273–1616
Fax: 305–273–1338

International Education Research Foundation, Inc.
P.O. Box 3665
Culver City, CA 90231–3665
Phone: 310–258–9451
Fax: 310–342–7086

Educational Perspectives
P.O. Box A3462
Chicago, IL 60690–3462
Phone: 312–421–9300


Q: Will CSDCAS send my foreign course evaluation to my designated schools?

A: Yes. CSDCAS will send your course evaluation to the schools that you have designated. Please note that if you have ONLY foreign coursework, there will be no GPA calculated.

Q: I accidentally sent my foreign transcript to CSDCAS. Can CSDCAS return it to me or forward it to my CSD program?

A: NO. Under no circumstances can CSDCAS forward your foreign transcript to a third party, including returning it to you. Any foreign transcripts received by CSDCAS will be discarded.